Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In Tana

It’s cold this night in Tana,
the city of thousand homes.
Drums and guitars of a strange song
emanate from the quiet, wooden bar.
The air bites into the skin,
I order a white wine, and
grilled fish with white rice.

I know you are across the ocean,
a hop across, if I could.
You are sleeping, I know,
to get relief from headache and cold.

I wish you were with me tonight;
We could snuggle under the blanket,
feel the heat of our naked bodies,
rubbing each other,
kissing the tender spots,
feeling the tips of our fingers,
looking into each other’s eyes,
let’s make love, darling.

Here in Anantananarivo, city of thousand homes;
let’s lie close to one another for hours,
exploring the map of each other’s body
discovering secrets,
waking up hidden passions,
curling into each other’s arms,
feeling the heat and
the gentle waft of our breaths,
let’s lie awake into the night, late and lazy,
watching the diamond stars in a clear sky
through the window by the bed.
Let’s lie there like that,
consummating,
fulfilling, and
redefining
our ancient love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home