Wednesday, April 14, 2010

By the Breakfast Table




I am sitting in my usual corner of the restaurant of Les 3 Metis, which is more of a French guest house than a hotel.

I feel homely sitting here, cutting my omelette, crunchy yet inspiriting, into tiny pieces and sipping hot chocolate.

It's warm inside, while it's a bit chilly outside even at 8.30.

We have no official programme, as of now, for today. And,I am planning for a walk in the city to get a feel of the people. Need to take some pictures of the people, places and shops.

But the uphill roads road a challenge to my stamina and fitness. But I have eaten some chunks of beef in the past two days, I need to walk, at least make myself happy.

It is a pity that tourism is not promoted in this country. And, during a dinner I asked the director of cabinet why it was so. He looked at me for a few moments, broke out into a smile and shook his head. He said: "I'm I have to give you a silly answer...we've never thought about it!"

"Or, we have never met someone to do it," he added, sipping his coffee. I told him you'd perhaps never come across a better person than the one sitting across him!

My cheeks!

In a cute little pink glass vase on my table, there are five yellow flowers. I don't know their name, but they make me happy, and miss my love.

I am through with my breakfast, and now I have go up and pack my bag for the walk into the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home