Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Where Are You?

I can only ask the silence around me.

The night is unusually quiet,
a solitary owl stares at me from the dark,
the moon butters the balustrades,
the chair next to me in the balcony
is empty.

Where are you?

I sum up my life, and it’s
not tallying. I try to throw in
some truths from our past.

My failures stare at me still
and insensitive, like the owl.
Before I could give in,
you say it’s not over yet.

Hope, yes, I do hope in the only hope,
and I know one day you’d come,
from our past and from your present,
into our future.

But tonight, alone in this starry night,
I can only ask the silence around me:
Where are you?

4 Comments:

At 4:51 pm, Blogger Akshaya Pillai said...

What would happen if yu din have ths "hope" to cling on??? What wud life be without this 'craving'.... This long wait, it defines yu.. Yur love.. And i'm sure someday... That chair in yur balcony will be occupied... :)

 
At 8:07 am, Blogger Sabz said...

That's the hope, and the trust.

 
At 8:20 am, Blogger Akshaya Pillai said...

Go read, the poem i sent yu

 
At 8:43 am, Blogger Sabz said...

That's the hope, and the trust.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home