Wednesday, February 24, 2010

OUTSIDER

In this era of communication
I cannot speak to you at will,
Nor can I message you half asleep
Nor can I mail you out of a whim.

I cannot take my life to yours
without a care, without thinking.

I cannot cross your path
without caution,
without wise steps.

Do you know how desperate
I get at times? Do you know
how frustrated is this outsider feeling?

I know I am in your heart,
the lone inhabitant in that beautiful,
conundrum of a heart.
I know it pretty well.

But, my love,
when will this irony of
the insider’s outsider
existence be over?

My eyes are tired, thirsting for you;
my hands desperate, stretching for you,
my ears go weary, waiting for your voice,

but my heart knows it’s with you,
wherever you are, no matter how many
oceans and tears away.

This outsider knows
he is inside you, but
at times…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home